If colourful hair isn’t on your summer bucket list it definitely should be. Colorful hair is THE BEST and here is how to get colour crazy without making a major beauty commitment. Not only is hair chalk fun to do but it’s also super trendy for summer music festivals!
– Chalk dying will work better on lighter hair, but dark haired girls don’t despair this method will work for you too!
– This method is better for dying strips of your hair or dip dying the ends, but doing your whole head will take 4ever.
– Get your chalk ready! You can use artists chalk from an art store or chalk made specifically for colouring hair.
– Style your hair, after you add the chalk it’ll be impossible to do so make it look good now.
– Wet the parts of your hair you want to dye.
Make it colourful
– Apply the chalk to the damp parts of hair by applying chalk in a downwards motion to hair.
– Twist your hair as you apply to make sure it is evenly covered.
– Set the colour by running a straight iron or curling iron over the chalk. The heat sets the colour into your hair.
Want to go back to natural?
– Just take a shower! It comes right out.
PS. Get some rubber gloves too to protect your hands, we learned this the hard way!