They were brought back in style by pop queen Lana Del Rey and it-girls across the country are SUPER o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d. Flower crowns are a major trend at all music festivals this summer and we know you want one! But why buy one when you could make your own? Here are the secrets to making the perfect flower crown!
Things you need:
Fake flowers – Can be ones with stems or just the buds. We show both examples here, choose whatever color and size you like best! *Bonus points if you use real flowers!*
Fake leaves – These are optional but can add some dramatic flair to your flower crown.
Headband – Choose a neutral color based on your hair color so it doesn’t take away from the vibrant color of the flowers. Pick hairband width based on your flower size (i.e. bigger flowers = bigger band, smaller flowers = smaller band).
Glue gun – Pretty self explanatory, ours is pink! Always choose pink if possible (and for that we mean in life, not just in glue gun selection).
Here’s how to do it:
1. Warm up the (pink!) glue gun.
2. If using the flowers with the stems, cut the stems off the buds.
3. Put a dab of glue on the bottom of one bud and stick it to the top of headband. Hold it in place until it dries.
4. Repeat the above step until the entire headband is covered. Although make sure to leave a little bit of space at the bottoms of the headband for your ears. This can take a while, so it’s also a good time to catch up on Pretty Little Liars!
5. Cut the leaves off the stems and glue a few of them along the band of the headband for an extra touch!
Voila! You have a new summer hair piece (at a fraction of the cost)! To be super on trend, wear it with one of these floral dresses.